pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Clock canvas (number 2)

You really liked the clock canvas I did last year. So much that it was voted by all my readers as the favorite project of the year. Here is a new clock canvas I recently did that I wanted to share with you.

 On this canvas I tried two new things. First, I created two separate canvases with the same theme, color palette and coordinating embellishments. Then I combined the two pieces into one by attaching the two canvases with a flowerpot hanger. The big canvas was the "wall" that held the hanger and the smaller canvas hanged from it.

Second, layers. Not layers of paper, but layers of canvas. I adhered a small size canvas on the big one to add more dimension a difference of height.

One of the things I like to do on canvases is to write with a pen nib. I wrote one of my favorite quotes with black ink on the bog canvas and added a sentiment to the other.

Have fun creating!

Einat

7 comments: