pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Snowman mixed media canvas

Last weekend we had some crazy weather, lots of snow in not very high places, blackouts, hail storms and non stop rain. All that inspired me to go all wintery and create a snowy mixed media canvas with a happy little snowman.



























I've reused one of my un needed 6" X 6" canvases and covered it with gesso. Then I added two large acrylic snowflake shapes and covered them with gesso as well. I added a little light blue color with a color spray and a baby wipe.



















To create the snow I used two layers of cheese cloth that reminded me of the snow texture and whiteness. I added my stamped embossed snowman and a title. For more festive atmosphere I also added little snowflakes made from rhinestones and a little bling with stickles.



















You can join me for a step by step video tutorial for all the details!

Have fun creating!
Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment