pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Mixed media Art Journal Page: Imagined

People ask me a lot about how I come up with ideas for an art journal page and how I think and find the right quotes. I have two ways of going about doing that. Sometimes I have a quote in mind, or I saw a quote I like on line and I start with that and build my page around it. Sometimes I have a technique I want to do, or scheme of colors I want to try and after I have an idea in my head i look for a quote to compliment that.

















This was the case in this art journal page. I started with creating the page first with an ink filler and water technique. then I added the word's tape and continued from there. While I was working I got an idea to add a quote about imagination. I can't tell why that particular subject popped into my mind...it just did.





















I think art journaling is all about the creative process and the self expression so I like to add letters and words in my own handwriting. This way I get a chance to play with different types of fonts and try them out on paper. I also added some doodling which is also a lot of fun and adds a fun vibe to the page.






















For all the details and step by step tutorial check out the video.
Follow me on Facebook and YouTube for more crafty treats!

Have fun creating!
Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment