pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Masculine layouts: Blue Fern Studios

I'm a big fan of masculine layouts and I have to be because I have two teenage boys who like to look at all the layouts I create with their photos and comment about them. So I always have to balance between design and embellishments, make it interesting but not too feminine.




In these two layouts I did just that. The first layout is pure masculine, not a flower in sight...only gears and cogwheels with masculine colors. All the chipboards were colored and embossed in several layers using different embossing powders. I cut the photos into circles in matching sizes to the chipboard. After adding them to the layout I add some doodling with a white gel pen as well as a title.
Check out the video tutorial on the Blue Fern Studios channel.




The second layout has flowers on it. I like adding flowers to boys' layouts as long as I keep the balance and not add too many. I also try to limit myself to a masculine color scheme and avoid colors like pink.




Do you create masculine layouts?

Have fun creating!
Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment