pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Wall of Inspiration with Ann Butler inks

I'm a huge believer in the phrase: “Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working” by Pablo Picasso. I feel it almost everyday. I get my best ideas when I'm working, because creating gets the process rolling and sets the mind to follow.


So...I decided to create a wall of inspiration. It'll be a collection of small canvases with phrases and words on different mixed media techniques that I will hang on the wall in front of me and every time I'll look up I'll see this burst of inspiration and creativity!



The first canvas in the collection id DREAM. I created a very muted background with a bokeh effect. I started with converting Ann Butler's Crafter's Ink to water colors with a water pen and layering. I build a colorful background with purple and teal colors in a cloudy dreamy look.


Then I punched a few circles and used the negative cardstock pieces as stencils and created different sizes of  circles with white ink and a finger dauber. I layered the circles and spread them around the canvas. When the background was finished I added the sentence with a pen nib and black ink.

What gives you inspiration to create?

Check out the step by step video tutorial for all the details and tips on how to create this canvas with all the water colors effects.
Follow me on Facebook and YouTube for more crafty treats!
Have fun creating!
Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment