pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Wall of inspiration: Spray Ink Background

This is the second canvas in the "Wall of Inspiration" series of mixed media canvases I'm creating for my studio's wall. I know I said small canvases but I couldn't resist creating a full size 12X12 canvas for this amazing tree branch I found one day. You can find the first Wall of Inspiration canvas here.



I found the branch on a trip we took with the kids and a group of friends. This is how I found it, on the ground, among other branches that fell from the trees around. It was so perfect, I didn't have to cut anything or make it smaller. The size was perfect, it looked like a miniature tree more than a branch. It had a movement to it, because all the little branches were growing in the same sideways direction, which was beautiful almost like it's blown by the wind...like I said...amazing!



I knew when I saw it - it would look great on a canvas! I love adding natural elements to artwork. It's like bringing nature in and creating an art in synch with the world and mother nature. I wanted to create a simple background that would be colorful but not too layered with patterns and colors so my tree branch would be lost in it. I created a two tone colored background using only spray inks. They were colorful on one side but transparent on the other so unlike acrylic paint they gave a colorful yet light background.



I attached the tree branch and added the sentence. After all the point is to be inspired by words and not be distracted by the design. Check out the step by step video tutorial for the full process.



Don't miss out! Keep up with all the crafty goodness by subscribing to the Einat Kessler creative newsletter

Have fun creating!
Einat


2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this! Great video too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video. Love your new Website. Love you Einat.

    ReplyDelete