pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

Make Your Own Envelope Glue

Lately I've been using the mail more, sending out Etsy orders. Most of my orders don't need a large box or envelope and they fit in a regular envelope. Let me tell you...licking the envelope is discusting! It's horrible and I always ask myself which chemicals am I putting in my body...

I decided to create my own envelope glue, which meand i would need to create myown envelopes too...

Here's my recipe:

1 Mix equallpart white vinegar with Elmer's Glue-All in a small cup.

2 Add vanilla, peppermint or almond extract for flavor. My personal favorite is cinnamon.

3 Dab glue on the paper with a sponge or small paintbrush.

4 Store in an airtight container.


There are more benifits for using your own envelope glue recipe, with easy available ingredients. First of all it's a fun way to be even more creative with your mail! Second, since it's not toxic you can use this glue to make your own "lick and stick" stickers from magazine cut outs, die cuts, etc!

Don't miss out! Keep up with all the crafty goodness by subscribing to the Einat Kessler creative newsletter

Have fun creating!






1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. Thank you for sharing. Are you going to show us some of the envelopes you created? And tell us how you created them? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete