pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

You Want to Make a Card?

The basis of frugal crafting is make your own supplies instead of buying them. So today let's make cards! Here's a guide to cutting typical card sizes from 8.5 x 11 and 12x12 papers.


Typical Card Sizes
A9: 5.5" x 8.5"
A7 5" x 7"
A6: 4.5" x 6.25"
A2: 4.25" x 5.5"
4 - Bar: 3.5" x 4.875"
3" x 3"
6" x 6"

Here's a table with all the cards sizes and what you need to cut either from 8.5" x 11" or 12 x 12 paper. I found this table at http://www.kgdcraftermath.com and  I thought it's really useful.


Print this out and save it. Next time that you want to make a card you won't have to go to the store and buy a card, simply cut it out of a paper in your stash! I always have a few cards ready for every occasion so I won't ve caught without one :)

Do you make cards or buy them? If you're a card maker, do you use pre cut cards or cut them yourself? What are your favorite cards to make?

Don't miss out! Keep up with all the crafty goodness by subscribing to the Einat Kessler creative newsletter

Have fun creating!
 

1 comment:

  1. Einat, I been stamping for 20 yrs and I have never bough card bases...i have alowas made my own and i like to learn how to make cards other than the reg size ........that isnt just open and shut.
    Thanks maryr

    ReplyDelete