pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Wall of Inspiration: Herringbone Pattern Canvas

Another project for my wall of inspiration! I'm creating these projects with inspiring words or sentences so when I look up while working I'll see an explosion of inspiration, not just artistically but also emotionally! So I try to diversify the techniques I'm using and the colors too.


This canvas has an interesting herringbone pattern and a contrast of colors versus white blocks of paint. I wanted to try this pattern for a long time and finally found the opportunity to do it. It's fun to make not only on canvas but also on any craft project and it was so much easier than I thought! The trick is to cut equal size masking tape pieces and follow the pattern. Don't worry if it's not exactly accurate...mine isn't and it still turned out great!



You can use this technique on an old canvas or a new canvas from the dollar store. The pattern with the white paint will give it an entire new look and you'll get a new art work with hardly any effort!
Check out the video tutorial to find out all the step by step instructions on how to create this pattern.

Don't miss out! Keep up with all the crafty goodness by subscribing to the Einat Kessler creative newsletter

Have fun creating!

1 comment: